Max was raised in Etobicoke Toronto in a very middle income family and neighborhood. One home, never moved. Dad was an auto mechanic and mom was a social worker. As a child, Max had aspirations of being an electrical contractor. Never in a million years did he think he’d stumble into the real estate industry, especially outside of the GTA, but you can’t always predict where or when you’ll discover what you’re meant to do in life.
Max was taught at a young age that if you want something in life, you have to work for it. So that’s what he did. And he worked hard.
In 1982 when Max was 24 he vacationed in Collingwood with friends to do some windsurfing on Georgian Bay and never left.
As for work, no one was hiring trades during those recessionary years when bank loan interest rates were at 18%!
Max got into Real Estate at the invitation of a very successful Real Estate Broker who saw the potential in him. Not knowing what he was getting into or what to expect he plowed through the mandatory education courses and started at the beginning of 1983. “You could buy any home in town for $40,000 and Sellers were taking back mortgages with lower interest rates and small down payments in order to make the sale.”
As his career advanced, Max found his stride working with Toronto Buyers looking for Condos, ski chalets and summer cottages. He’s an expert in waterfront, condos, land and commercial.
Throughout his career, Max has earned numerous accolades, including:
• Certified International Property Specialist
• Certified Resort and Second Home Property Specialist
• Certified Seniors Real Estate Specialist
• Certified Executor Advisor • Engel & Völkers Development Services Expert & Urban Land Institute Designate
Max is a member in good standing on the
1. Toronto Real Estate MLS Board
2. Muskoka Real Estate MLS Board
3. South Georgian Bay Real Estate MLS Board
• Max personally helps 35-40 families and investors a year accomplish their Real Estate goals.
• Max recruits, mentors, trains and coaches a dozen Real Estate Agents and Brokers every year to help them reach their life and career goals. His Engel & Völkers Shops in Muskoka and Collingwood help several hundred families and investors every year achieve their Real Estate goals.
Max lives in Singhampton on 100 Acres with his wife Tammy and their various beloved pets. In his free time, he enjoys travelling the world and boating on Georgian Bay.
Max aims to provide the highest level of service to his clients and takes deep pride in helping them achieve their Real Estate goals.
Max’s “give back” passion is to help raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics and the Georgian Triangle Humane Society.
This book is dedicated to my buddy Zulu Jan 1, 2006 - July 12, 2019
who taught me about unconditional love and loyalty